You can now add a 10 sec video to any Google map listing. Allison Wright on the Google Team announced the new feature Jan 12, 2018.
This was only available for Google Local guides is now available for the public.
How it works:
- Videos will appear in the overview tab of the Google My Business Dashboard
- Customer uploaded videos can be found in the ‘customer’ tab
- Merchant uploaded videos can be found in the ‘by owner’ tab
- All videos can be viewed together in the ‘videos’ tab
- After upload it could take up to 24 hours for the videos to appear. Once live, they will display where local photos do.
In addition to uploading videos, merchants will have the ability to flag inappropriate videos through their dashboard. Native mobile support and notifications for new customer videos are coming soon.
This is an exciting new feature that was released to Google local guides last year in August and was only available on android devices at the time. Adding videos to your maps listing can be a very powerful tool to increase engagement and conversions to your business. Imagine you want to capture the atmosphere feeling of your romantic restaurant or want to add a quick 10 sec promo about your business. Even a video testimonial from a happy customer could speak volumes to the community as potential prospects are in the decision phase of the buying cycle.
I expect we will start seeing some pretty creative map listing videos as the community starts to embrace this new feature.